Photo: Isri Halpern. Design: Menusi-Benoish. Styling: Nurit Bat-Yaar

Photo: Isri Halpern. Design: Menusi-Benoish. Styling: Nurit Bat-Yaar
All Photos & contents in this blog are protected by copyrights.

Friday, March 26, 2010

ISRAEL FASHION ART 1948-2008 BOOK IN NYC MyItThings WEBSITE FASHION MAGAZINE




Hi, When I was about to publish my book "Israel Fashion Art 1948-2008" I was wondering whether I should do it in Hebrew or in English. At some point I was even considering to have done bi-lingual. This, however, would have made the 444 pages album-book heavier than what it is. So, I've finally decided to publish it first in Hebrew with an English introduction, hoping that somewhere a long the line a U.S publisher might be interested in its publication in English. This, since, as Greer Fay Cashman of The Jerusalem Post puts it in her forward to the book: Being one of the many reflections of Israel yet another light in the prism..it is a fascinating book even for people unable to read Hebrew...bound to excite curiosity not only among people who love fashion."

Hence, I was especially glad when I was approached by Yuli Ziv co-founder and Editor-in-Chief of My It Things, a leading NYC based online fashion magazine and community launched in early 2007 and named by About.com one of the 7 essential social shopping websites. We met each other on Twitter and Facebook and when charming Yuli read about the publication of my album-book she was kind enough to offer to interview me for her MyItThings.com fashion magazine.


Referring to the book in her article "The first ever Israeli fashion Bible" she illustated it with the the book's cover image as well as with four other photos from the book including this 1967 photo by Ben Lam of a Rozi Ben-Yosef katans one of which was designed from red kafia scarf fabric.


To read the article and interview please click on http://bit.ly/bTjjUv....



No comments:

Post a Comment