Photo: Isri Halpern. Design: Menusi-Benoish. Styling: Nurit Bat-Yaar

Photo: Isri Halpern. Design: Menusi-Benoish. Styling: Nurit Bat-Yaar
All Photos & contents in this blog are protected by copyrights.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

JENFER BAR LEV:BOOK IS A BEAUTIFUL WORK OF ART, SCHOLARSHIP "




JENIFER BAR LEV, Artist.and former fashion designer wrote to me on Feb.25, 2010 upon seeing the historic fashion-album
"שיכרון עיצובים - אמנות האופנה בישראל"
Dear Nurit,
Yesterday I saw and bought your new book! It is a beautiful work of art and scholarship, elegant and refined as you are. I was so touched by the way you presented my work. Sometimes I have the feeling that everything just turns into sand here, but
what you have done will stand, like the pyramids! like the Sphinx!
I am so happy with the quote you chose of mine regarding my feminist ideals! The combination of fashion and feminism is not obvious, some people think they are even opposites, but for me fashion has always been a field where women can think about what it means to be a woman.
You have always been a wonderful example of a strong and beautiful woman who is extremely serious about her work and her world.
Thank you for honoring me by including me in your book.
Love, Jenifer
Jenifer Bar Lev is a unique artist whose colorful fascinating and thought provoking art-works
were exhibited not only in art galleries but in exhibitions at the TEL-AVIV MUSEUM OF ART as well .During the period she had engaged in fashion-design her clothes were embelished by hand-paint and hand-prints. As you can see in the above illustration the peace treaty between Egypt and Israel was also a source of inspiration to her. The illustration can be found in the book's chapter devoted to Egyptian inspired Israeli fashion-design.

No comments:

Post a Comment