Photo: Isri Halpern. Design: Menusi-Benoish. Styling: Nurit Bat-Yaar

Photo: Isri Halpern. Design: Menusi-Benoish. Styling: Nurit Bat-Yaar
All Photos & contents in this blog are protected by copyrights.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

A sculptural newspaper dress by Shir Dor & Roi Gadasi from the exhibit "The materials out of which words are made" of Haaretz and Shenkar. Photo: Tami Dahan

Hi, Recently I have attended several exhibitions which relate in one way or another to my album-book
"Israel Fashion Art" שיכרון עיצובים - אמנות האופנה בישראל"                                              

An 1982 creation by Maskit modeled by Tami Ben-Ami.. Photo: Mula Eshet


At the opening of a photography exhibition in the Ramat Aviv Mall I've met an old friend - this 1982 photo of Israel's top-model Tami Ben-Ami (in a "Maskit" outfit) by Mula Eshet from my book "Israel Fashion Art" "שיכרון עיצובים - אמנות האופנה בישראל". Another old friend was an image of international top-model Michaela Bercu (in a Bagir suit) by Yaki Halperin from the exhibition "Glamor Glimpses - Fashion Photography in a Mirror of a Century"
"הבזקי זוהר - צילום אופנה בראי המאה" which I was invited to curate by The Israel Museum of Photography in Tel-Hai and which opened the millennium in the Museum.
At another exhibit by photographer Mula Eshet I discovered a photo of my very dear friend Alber Elbaz who wrote an introduction to my book. In the photograph Alber (who celebrated yesterday a decade as Lanvin's designer) is seen during his students days several months or a year after I had first met him.
Last week I attended a very unique exhibit "The Materials from which Words are Made" held by Haaretz newspaper in which all the designs exhibited were created by Shenkar students out of old Haaretz newspapers.  The exhibit was initiated by the newspaper's cultural supplement "Galleria"'s editor Lisa Peretz. 
How does it correspond with my book? In the book's chapter "Talking Clothes" I explored the sources of the use of words in fashion as well as in art, referring, among other cultural experiences,  to Picasso's and Braque's use of newspapers in their 1913's collages and to Elsa Schiaparelli's use of newspaper prints in her 1930's fashion. In another chapter about knits I mentioned architect & artist Neta Dor who in 2005 knitted one of her creations from folded strips of.... Haaretz newspaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment