Photo: Isri Halpern. Design: Menusi-Benoish. Styling: Nurit Bat-Yaar

Photo: Isri Halpern. Design: Menusi-Benoish. Styling: Nurit Bat-Yaar
All Photos & contents in this blog are protected by copyrights.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

"Israel Fashion Art 1948-2008" in "Haaretz"' "Designer" Magz.

The year 2011 is only a few days away and people are into new calenders for the new year. The idea of time in general and lost time in particular intrigued writer Yaara Keidar who wrote an article on the subject in the monthly "Designer" magazine of "Haaretz" daily newspaper. Yaara's article features new as well as nostalgic clocks and calenders.
Among them she included two 60s calenders which I was photographed for during my youth.

As I've described in my August 17th, 2010 post here, at the insistence of the great Israeli design diva of "Maskit", Fini Leitersdorf I had become a "Maskit" house-model on whom Fini created some of her unique gorgeous gowns as well as a sought-after photography model. Among the many ads I was photographed for were several calenders two of which are featured in the monthly "Designer" magz. mentioned above.
One of them is  a "Samson Tires" calender in which I'm sitting on top of a car. The other is a "Tseva" (Paint) calender seen here.

This last one is also featured in my album-book "Israel Fashion Art 1948-2008"
"שיכרון עיצובים - אמנות האופנה בישראל" about Israeli Fashion.
I've included it there in the chapter about accessories since it shows the ballerina shoes which were fashionable at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment