Photo: Isri Halpern. Design: Menusi-Benoish. Styling: Nurit Bat-Yaar

Photo: Isri Halpern. Design: Menusi-Benoish. Styling: Nurit Bat-Yaar
All Photos & contents in this blog are protected by copyrights.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Orel Butterfly: "Israel Fashion Art 1948-2008" - "The Best Fashion Book"

Hi, Today I would like to share with you guys the latest interview I gave about the album-book "שיכרון עיצובים - אמנות האופנה בישראל 1948-2008" conducted by Orel Butterfly and published in her blog: http://israblog.nana10.co.il/blogread.asp?blog=684670

Orel started her post by writing: "Nurit Bat-Yaar, is the greatest fashion personality in the country and author of the best fashion book ever written here, and this is an understatement, and one of the best I have ever read. After I was enormously impressed by the book and since for years I have regarded Nurit  as a model ( in the sense of: someone to follow in her footsteps, N.B-Y) - the idea of interviewing her seemed to me next to impossible. Nevertheless, I have decided to give it a try".

"During the interview I have discovered that aside from being intelligent, smart and  really great (something I've known beforehand) Nurit is a charming, pleasant and courteous."

"This interview was definitely one of my greatest achievements and I am proud to post it here in the blog. I am sure you would enjoy it very much and will be enriched by it. Enjoyable reading!"

Orel included in her post several lovely photos from the book which you can see once you click on the above link to her blog, including a great 1968 Fini Leitersdorf for Maskit design adorned with coins (taken by Peter Hertsog) and the stunning Ben Lam photo of a Lea Gottlieb for Gottex 1976 beachwear design. She was also kind enough to include quotes from some of the book reviews the album-book got.

The only problem with the post - is its English translation which Orel included. It is the Google automatic one and hence it includes errors. Orel promised to have it corrected and once it would be done I'll be certain to inform my English readers.

Thanks so much Orel for the great encompassing post and the recommendation of the book. I appreciate it very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment